Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How I have been feeling...

I don't really know how to count post-op days, hah. Like, is surgery day, day 1? Or is the following day, day 1? Anyhow tomorrow will be a week out that I had surgery. (Tomorrow being Wednesday, had my surgery the wednesday before, hah)

Anyhow, I was shocked at how I felt immediately following surgery. First, I was disoriented and was not sure where I was, I had trouble taking breaths and I hurt.all.over. The pain was surprising, I was thinking the anesthetic would make waking up pain free, I was sadly very misinformed! So I guess I must have verbalized about how much pain i was in because the nurse said, "Honey, you just had surgery-it's supposed to hurt!" It was then I realized where I was and what had occurred, and the only thoughts in my mind at that time where, I did not die! and I dont think I had a stroke! Hah, morbid but its my truth, those were my two biggest fears about the entire surgery.

The days following surgery were rough. They were hard in a way I didnt expect them to be though. I thought I would be wanting food, grieving the loss of my old lifestyle and of food (being honest!) but none of that occurred. I had and still have very little interest in food. My biggest complaint, was and is that I cannot breathe. I cannot take a deep breath or yawn, when I do I get the worst pain and my stomach starts dry heaving. I went to the ER about it because the doctor wanted to be sure it wasnt a blood clot in my lung, more about that trip later though. Its too much for right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment